Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24, 2012

(For those of you who follow me on Instagram, this is copied word for word so it may look familiar ;))

I was doing some reflecting last night and since it has been a few months since I published a post, I thought I would let you all know where my heart is at--after all  you have all been so gracious in the prayer time you have invested in our story and we deeply appreciate and thank you for that.

(Excerpt from my Instagram account): "So there is only one more week of November. Is it just me or did 2013 fly by? I'm finding that it's true the older you get the faster time flies. Man, the place I was in last year at this time and the ground I stand on today are so vastly different. If you would have asked me where I would be a year from now, I would have never imagined it would be here. From the outside my life looks exactly like it did last year. I am still happily married, living in the same home, with no children. But if you could see the work that has been done in my heart.. Tomorrow (actually, now it's today) marks one year since w lost our baby. So yes, things on the outside are still the same, but on the inside I am forever changed. I am finally in a secure place with my God. I believe every word, every beautiful mercy He has bestowed upon me over this past year to make sure I know He is there and that He loves me. My daughter opened this heart enough to make that possible and I am forever grateful to my Father for trusting me with this burden. I can't tell you when or if Fran and I will ever be parents to any child that isn't Hope, but Hope, and everything that came with her, is more than enough for me. I am finally in a healthy place in my life and marriage. I trust God fully and I am completely okay with my life as it is. That doesn't mean that I don't want children or that my heart doesn't ache anymore, it just means that my Savior is really all that I need and He has blessed me already so far beyond what I know that I deserve and knowing this makes the ache bearable. Thank you all so much for your amazing encouragement, love, and support over the past year. I love you all so much."

The only photo I have of the "three" of us.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment